Wednesday, August 8, 2012

All Aboard!

Yesterday was Day 29 in my countdown. I paid a visit to the Boise Depot - which is only a few blocks from my home, yet is still a place I have never been. Although Amtrak no longer runs through Boise, the Depot is still kept in good condition. It is also home to a fine garden, green lawn, and spectacular view of downtown.

The Depot Bell Tower watches over the city.

Looking the other direction offers a great view of the BSU campus and the Capitol Building.

Muah!

Gardens with colorful flowers, even in 103 degree Fahrenheit heat.

 The Engine.

At the station.

 Sunset through the smoky haze.


Wandering around the grounds of the Depot, I reflected on this city, and all that it has offered me since I moved here one and a half years ago. I have made friends, I have continued an education, I have pursued jobs. I have explored myself and what I truly desire. I have reset my goals and redirected my path. So I stood atop the hill, gazing out across the valley, and said, "Thank you."

29/29.
28 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment